Attractions in Estonia range from Tallinn’s picturesque old town to the unspoiled Lahemaa National Park. The land is relatively flat, and there are over 1,000 lakes to visit throughout Estonia. A fantastic choice for a city breaks; why not explore the wonders that Tallinn has to offer. The perfect excuse to savor this charming woodland delight, hiring a car in Estonia is a great way to discover all that this country has to offer.
Estonia Tourist Board: The official website for the Estonian National Tourist Office – a useful resource for planning your trip to Estonia.
Know Before You Go: Travel advice from the FCO for Estonia.
Things to see and do
- Visit the capital city of Tallinn with its historic structures, cobblestone streets and alleys.
- Trying relaxing in Haapsalu. Its romantic atmosphere is created by its wooden houses and tree lined avenues.
- Explore the countryside in one of the three national parks – Lahemaa, Soomaa, and Vilsandi.
- Go wildlife or bird watching at Kaina Bay Bird Reserve and Matsalu Nature Reserve.
- Hike or cycle on unspoiled Saaremaa Island.
- Take part in outdoor activities in Otepaa with its lakes and forests.
Festivals and events
- Jazzkaar is annual festival in Tallinn which attracts many jazz performers. (April)
- Visit Ollesummer, one of the largest festivals in the Baltic region. It draws thousands of people to the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds every year. Many come to enjoy live music and plenty of beer. (July)